University of Technology, Sydney

Staff directory | Campus maps | Newsroom | What's on

Scholarships, loans & grants

To assist you with the costs of going on exchange, UTS offers a range of scholarships/travel grants, loans and grants to selected destinations each semester. To see the complete list of scholarships available, see the full list on the UTS Scholarships database.

  • Australia Awards - Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Scholarships
    Apply now for these prestigious Australian Government scholarships.
  • AsiaBound Grants Program
    In 2013 the Australian Government introduced the AsiaBound Grants Program as a new initiative to support Australian students participating in study experiences in Asia as part of their degree. AsiaBound grants provide funding for both short-term experiences and semester exchanges in parts of Asia.

    If you apply to a UTS university partner in China or Hong Kong for Spring semester 2014 or Autumn semester 2015, you will automatically be eligible (but not guaranteed) to receive a $5000 grant through AsiaBound.

    View the full terms and conditions for AsiaBound grants.

  • New Colombo Plan
    In January 2014, the Australian Government announced the New Colombo Plan (NCP), which offers scholarships and grants to encourage university semester exchanges and short-term experiences to the Indo Pacific region.

    The NCP has two main components:
    •  New Colombo Plan Mobility Program (opens an external site) – to encourage semester and short-term study experiences
    •  New Colombo Plan Scholarships Program (opens an external site) – a prestigious program to encourage longer study and work-related experiences of a year or more in duration. Awards may be up to $67,000.

    Take advantage of this exciting opportunity and find out more about the scholarships and grants on offer through the New Colombo Plan.
  • Global Exchange scholarships
    Global Exchange Scholarships are provided by the University to assist with some of the costs of the exchange semester. The scholarships are allocated according to several criteria including a student’s GPA/WAM, destination and length of exchange. You do not need to apply as you will automatically be considered for this scholarship when you apply for Global Exchange. However, this is not a guarantee of a scholarship.
  • Partner University scholarships
    UTS partner universities provide a range of scholarships to their institution. Visit the Scholarships website to see the full list of partner university scholarships.
  • Australian Government - International Student Exchange Program
    The Australian Government provides over $4.9 million per year to support undergraduate outbound student exchange activity through the Endeavour Student Exchange Program, Australian University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific (UMAP) Student Exchange Program and the Endeavour Cheung Kong Student Exchange Program. More information is available from the Endeavour Awards website (opens an external website).
  • OS-HELP loans
    OS-HELP is a Commonwealth Government-funded loan scheme that assists eligible students to undertake some of their Australian course of study overseas. Students may receive one loan per six-month study period for one or two overseas study periods. View the full terms and conditions for OS-HELP loans.
  • OS-HELP loans – study in Asia
    From 2014, an increased maximum loan amount of $7500 applies to study programs for destinations in Asia. If you choose to study in Asia, you can also apply for an additional $1000 for an Asian language course (not for credit) that will help you prepare to live and study in your destination country. View the full terms and conditions for OS-HELP loans for study in Asia.
  • Centrelink payments
    Full-time exchange students may be eligible for Centrelink payments. UTS International will give you a letter at the pre-departure workshop that verifies your planned exchange semester. You will then need to take this letter to your local Centrelink office to have your eligibility assessed. Find your local office on Centrelink (opens an external site).