OS-HELP (opens an external site) is a Commonwealth Government funded loan program specifically for students who are studying overseas as part of their undergraduate study.
In your lifetime, you may apply to borrow a maximum of two loans through OS-HELP. Each loan is valued up to $6,051 per six-month period in 2013. Smaller loan amounts of $2,000 and $4,000 are available.
Students may apply for an OS-HELP loan for a short course under the following conditions:
- If studying overseas between one to five weeks, and will receive a minimum of 6cp upon your return
- If studying overseas between six to thirteen weeks, and will receive a minimum of 12cp upon your return
- OS-HELP loan must be used for overseas study that is undertaken within six months of the loan being awarded.
- The commencement date of each loan must be at least six months and one day apart.
- You incur an OS-HELP debt that is repaid directly to the Commonwealth Government (opens an external site) in the same way and under the same conditions that a HECS debt is repaid.
You are able to apply for OS-HELP loans in addition to other scholarships and grants administered by UTS.
Find out if you are eligible to apply for an OS-HELP loan (opens an external site).
Find out how to apply: