Application assessment process and timeline
UTS application assessment process
- Submit application to Student Centre/faculty
- Collect from student centre/faculty and submit to UTS International
- You will receive a notification email after the closing date - see closing dates below
- All applications are ranked by GPA/WAM and you are allocated a place at one of our partner universities
- You will receive an email from UTS International advising if you have been successful and to inform you of the partner university allocation
- Once you receive the offer, you will need to accept or decline the offer by the date specified in the email. Failure to do so may result in the offer by UTS to recommend your application to a partner institution being withdrawn.
Note: If two applications for the same university have and equal GPA, your personal statement will be assessed to help determine your suitability to the destination.
The Exchange Officer will also ask you to fill in the host university application forms. It is important for you to be aware that although most students' applications are accepted by the host institution, the host university has the final say in accepting your application.
Host university application process
- You will be notified by email to attend the post nomination session
- You will receive the host university application form and procedures
- Complete the host university application form and process including providing all documents requested by the host instiitution
- UTS International will facilitate the process for submitting the host university application within the due dates of the host university
- 18 February: Online registration opens
- 4 March: Global Exchange Information Sessions commence
- 18 April: Final Global Exchange Information Session
- 10 May: Final day to contact UTS International to request detailed subject outlines from partner universities
- 31 May: Application forms due at the UTS Student Centres for students using direct equivalent subjects
- 14 June: Application forms due at the UTS Student Centres for students using electives
- 28 June: Once approved by the UTS student centres, all application forms are due to UTS international by this date
- 17 July: Release of results UTS Autumn 2013
- Early August: Student is informed of the allocated university
- Early August: Acceptance forms due
- Mid August: Post Nomination Workshops by UTS International
- Late August- early September: Partner university forms due at UTS International
- October: Pre-departure Workshop by UTS International
- January – February 2014: Leaving for exchange overseas
- 13 July: Online registration opens
- 12 August: Global Exchange Information Sessions commence
- 13 September: Final Global Exchange Information Session
- 4 October: Final day to contact UTS International to request detailed subject outlines from partner universities
- 1 November: Application forms due at the UTS Student Centres
- 29 November: Once approved by the UTS student centres, all application forms are due to UTS international by this date
- 18 December: Autumn 2013 Results Release
- Early February: Student is informed of the allocated university
- February: Acceptance forms due
- February: Post Nomination Workshops by UTS International
- March - April: Partner university forms due at UTS International
- May: Pre-departure Workshop by UTS International
- July – August 2014: Leaving for exchange overseas
Note: Semester dates for partner institutions can be found by reading the partner profiles.
Late applications will only be assessed in the following circumstances and at the discretion of the Exchange Coordinator on a case by case basis:
The following circumstances may be considered when accepting a late application:
- The student can demonstrate there are extenuating circumstances that prevented them from applying by the official application deadline, e.g. significant health problem that can be supported with a medical certificate.
- The application is received by the UTS Exchange team prior to the allocation of UTS students to partner universities.
- The application is received by the UTS Exchange team prior to the selected host institution's exchange application deadline.
- The student is applying to study at a host institution where places are available.
- The student will be notified of the outcome of the late application submission, two weeks after submission
- The student will receive a written response from the Coordinator International Exchange with the outcome and if successful an offer at an allocated partner institution