University of Technology, Sydney

Staff directory | Campus maps | Newsroom | What's on

Referrals to specialists and services

Sometimes your counsellor may consider that another professional would be better able to help you. In such cases, a referral to another counsellor or to an external professional or agency, will be suggested. The counsellor will assist you with this process.

Examples of a specialist service might include referral to:

  • A private psychologist, psychiatrist or general practitioner
  • Referral to a specialist mental health service
  • Referral for testing for a learning disability