Counsellors are available at City and Kuring-gai campuses.
Inside a first counselling session
In most situations the service is free of charge. There may be a charge for some services but these are bulk billed to Medicare or Medibank Private (for those with Overseas Student Health Cover) and there is no out of pocket expense for the client.
This service is confidential.
Counsellors can assist local and international students with a wide range of personal, relationship, psychological, study and administrative difficulties.
Group programs addressing a range of issues are conducted throughout the year.
Counsellors can help:
- If you think you may have chosen the wrong course
- If you have stressful circumstances or psychological or emotional issues which interfere with your studies
- With managing administrative problems or complaints
- If you want to develop better generic learning skills
- If you need help as you are on Academic Caution
Generally students have 4 sessions with a counsellor although more may be available on the basis of a review which recommends further treatment if necessary.
Staff members are generally offered two sessions of counselling, with an option to refer outside of UTS if further counselling is required.